As your State’s Attorney, I pledge to:
- Continue to Prioritize the prosecution of violent crimes, sex crimes and crimes against children by holding violent offenders accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
- Continue to work to curtail gang violence.
- Continue to fight the opioid epidemic by engaging with community partners.
- Continue to divert from the criminal justice system good people making poor choices through the Drug Court, Mental Health Court, and many Juvenile programs.
- Increase community education and promote confidence in the criminal justice system.
- As a citizen who is raising his family here, I feel strongly about maintaining the quality of life in Frederick County and Frederick City.
Your State’s Attorney,
- Elected State’s Attorney: Office of the State’s Attorney for Frederick County, Maryland
- Maryland State Director, National District Attorneys Association
- Past President, Maryland State’s Attorneys Association
- Past Vice President, Legislative Committee, MSAA
- Past Vice President, Training Committee, MSAA
- Past Vice President, Scholarships Committee, MSAA
- Former Deputy State’s Attorney, Frederick County Maryland
- Former Chief, Child Abuse/Sex Offense Division, Frederick County Maryland
- Former Assistant State’s Attorney, Baltimore City, Maryland
- Past President, Board of Directors, Frederick Rescue Mission Inc.
- Board, Child Advocacy Center
- Board Member, Faith House
- Past Board of Directors, Fellowship of Christian Athletes of Frederick County
- Rotary Club of Carroll Creek (1999-2009)
- Character Coach, Middletown High School (various sports)
- Eastern Vocational-Technical High School, Baltimore, MD
- Salisbury State College, Football, 1982-84
- University of Maryland, College Park, Bachelor of Science in Finance, 1986
- University of Baltimore School of Law,Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, 1990.
- Heuisler High Honors, Class Standing 11/186
- Adjunct Faculty Member, National Advocacy Center (National College of District Attorneys) where I taught the courses Trial Advocacy, Advanced Trial Advocacy, Cross Examination and Juror Selection to prosecutors from all over the nation.
- Participate as a Moot Court Judge for local high school trial advocacy teams.
- Annual Lecturer to the Frederick Police Department and Frederick County Sheriff’s Office Academies
- Married to Desiree Marie Smith. Occupation: Special Agent, FBI
- 4 children: Mattie, Hank, Delaney, Carson
- Born in Baltimore City. 1 of 5 five children of Charles and Norma Smith
- My hobbies include fishing, cooking, cycling, triathlon and home improvement. I also enjoy church missions, and coaching my children’s sports.